The department of Plastic Surgery is doing excellent work in the field of hand, cosmetic, burns, faciomaxillary injury and reconstructive surgeries. It includes a case of functional reconstruction of the tongue after total glossectomy. New flap designed for oral commissural defect reconstruction and tendoachillis defect reconstruction by perforator flap. It runs special programmes in hand micro-vascular re-implantation surgeries and liposuction, abdominoplasty for obesity.
- Breast surgeries- reduction mammoplasty, Augmentation mammoplasty
- Liposuction – excision for gynecomastia
- Post burns contracture release and reconstruction
- Faciomaxillary – surgeries for trauma and deformities
- Occuloplasty – lid reconstruction , oral cavity, orbital osteotomies
- Cranioplasty- scalp skin defect and bone defect reconstruction
- Cleft lip and palate – secondary deformities – correction
- Rhinoplasty - open and closed methods
- Reconstructive surgeries – in trauma and post oncological surgeries.
- Skin malignancies – excision and reconstruction
- Diabetic foot - reconstruction
The ongoing research projects include the following:
- Analysis of the result of fingertip injuries – reconstructed by flap cover, skin grafting and Secondary intension of wound healing
- Trophic ulcer – V-Y flap cover with nerve decompression
DR SHARAD KHANDELWAL
- M.S., M.Ch.
- (plastic, cosmetic & hair transplant surgeon)